Connect First Credit Union encourages members to put their names forward as candidates for our Board of Directors. This member-elected Board of Directors is actively recruiting a diverse group of engaged members who are excited by the opportunity to govern a forward-looking, responsible and effective credit union, driven by what matters most: members and our communities.
In 2020, there will be six (6) positions available on the Connect First Credit Union Board, four (4) three-year term positions, one (1) two-year term position and one (1) one-year term position.
Applications are welcome from individuals with a sound understanding of board governance along with professional skills, expertise or background in one or more of the following areas:
Background in building and growing one or more successful business(es), and demonstrated experience with:
- marketing and sales;
- business growth strategies;
- role of technology in growing a business;
- leading/influencing innovation;
- resource management.
Experience in and an understanding of the financial services industry. A background in overseeing the financial operations of a complex organization, or demonstrated ability to understand and interpret financial statements, knowledge of audit practices, accounting background, with a professional finance or accounting designation being an asset.
Senior leadership experience or expertise providing professional advice with respect to human resources, including succession planning, executive compensation, recruitment and evaluation of senior executives, fostering organizational culture and employee engagement, understanding of how to leverage technology to support people and culture.
Knowledgeable about current and emerging technologies.Background in the strategic use of technology acquired through a senior leadership role. Experience in one or more of the following:
- leading a major technology initiative in a large organization;
- building technology/enterprise platforms;
- building an Information Technology business;
- senior leadership of business continuity, disaster recovery, cyber security initiatives/responses.
- Knowledge of how to measure and monitor technology effectiveness and the value it delivers for the business.
Candidates will be required to submit a formal Candidate Application, attest to their eligibility and demonstrate what skills and competencies they bring to the Board.
- Review the 2019 Candidate Guide. This guide is intended to provide you with everything you need to know about the nomination and election process for Directors and the skills and competencies we seek in candidates this year.
- Review the map below to help determine the seats you will be applying for. Following the amalgamation between Connect First Credit Union and Mountain View Credit Union in August 2018, the Board of Connect First evolved to a governance model that reflects a geographically dispersed and regionally focused organization by allocating board seats across Divisional Directors and At Large directors. This governance model is intended to provide members with an opportunity to engage in the democratic process and facilitate a strong and diverse Board. Candidates can run simultaneously for a Divisional Director and At Large seat. However, in order to be elected or appointed as a Divisional Director an eligible representative must (a) be a member of that Division through their primary banking relationnship ad (b) have his or her principal residence, when nominated, within that Division. Terms for those candidates successfully competing for “At Large” seats will be allocated based on number of votes. For example, those receiving the largest number of votes for an “At Large” seat will be allocated the 3-year term. The geographic area for each Division is outlined on the map below.
- Complete and submit the Candidate Application. All applications must be received by no later than noon on November 8, 2019. Your online safety and security is of the utmost importance to us. Please be sure that you send your application back to us through an encrypted email provider (for example, Gmail Yahoo, Outlook, Shaw, TELUS, etc.). If you are unsure if your email provider sends encrypted emails, please email us at email@example.com, and we'll send you an encrypted email that you can use to safely email your application and personal information to us.
- Attend the Candidate Information Session on November 14, 2019 in Calgary at the Connect First Credit Union Administration Offices.
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Geographic Area of Connect First Credit Union's Divisions