A government matched program to safeguard your operations' future.
This no-fee, interest-bearing savings account created specifically for agri-producers provides a smart way to collect government matching contributions. The government will match deposits up to 1% of your net allowable sales per year up to $10,000.
A brief history.
The AgriInvest account was created in 2008 to support producers in the event of income fluctuations and to mitigate investment risks. This account is a self-managed account, and withdrawals are made at the discretion of the producers.
Eligibility and Application Process
How to get started with AgriInvest
Producers can deposit 100% of their net allowable income.
- The government will match 1% of contributions up to $10,000
- Deposits made easy at your local branch
- Certain commodities are allowed
Do you qualify?
Generally, producers are eligible if they:
- Farm in Canada
- File an income tax return by the final deadline of December 31
- File an AgriInvest form by the final deadline