Digital banking FAQs.
Members can pay with Apple Pay when connecting their Interac® Flash Debit Card to their Apple Wallet, after downloading the latest version of the connectFirst banking app. Once you've linked an active flash card to Apple Pay, you can use it at any location where Interac® Flash is available in Canada.
Apple Pay is for iOS users who use debit frequently for payment, and want a secure, contactless payment functionality with all the benefits of Interac® Flash, and the added convenience of securely paying for purchase without your member card.
How to Install Apple Pay to Your iPhone:
- Download the latest connectFirst Mobile Banking App (if you haven't already!) onto your Apple iPhone. iOS version 11 or greater, and iPhone 6 or greater are required.
- Tap on the Apple Wallet App on your iPhone home screen.
- Manually add your card number if picture recognition is having any difficulty.
- Accept the Terms and Conditions and then select 'In App Activation'.
- Log in to your connectFirst Mobile Banking App.
- Review your settings, then your account details and tap DONE. Then your iPhone should have Apple Pay activated.
How to Use it Once Installed:
- Hold your unlocked iPhone near the payment pad.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
- Use your Touch ID, Face ID or device passcode to complete the payment then watch for your purchase to be approved.
Members can make quick and easy contactless payments with Google Pay on their Android devices. Online, in apps or in physical stores, use your Android device to make everyday purchases anywhere that the following symbols are displayed.
How to set up Google Pay:
- Download or open the Google Pay app.
- Follow the instructions to add your member card.
How to pay in stores with Google Pay:
- Simply unlock your phone (you don't even need to open the app).
- Hold the back of your device to the payment terminal.
- You'll see a check mark on your screen when payment is successful.
How to pay in-apps with Google Pay:
- Once you've added your card to a device, there's no need to enter your payment info at checkout.
- Just select the option of 'Google Pay', confirm your purchase and you're all set.
Members, you can swipe up from the home button on your Samsung Android device for a simple way to access your connectFirst member card. Purchases can then be authenticated with your PIN, iris or fingerprint* before tapping your phone over a POS terminal. Samsung Pay can be used at merchant terminals where you can tap, scan or swipe a payment card.
How to set up Samsung Pay:
- Make sure you own a compatible Samsung Phone or Watch.
- Samsung Pay should be preloaded on any available Samsung phone, but it can easily be re-installed by visited your Google Play Store.
- Open the Samsung Pay app and tap 'Get Started'.
- Enter a PIN for Samsung Pay, and then enter it again to confirm.
How to make retail purchases with Samsung Pay:
- Select the Samsung Pay app icon on swipe up from the bottom of your Samsung Android device.
- Authenticate your identity easily using your iris, fingerprint or by entering your PIN.
- Hold your phone over any POS terminal accepting payment cards that tap, swipe or scan.
- If its your first time using Samsung Pay, you will be asked to add payment cards. Follow the prompts to do this.
You can use our 24-hour, self-service, telephone banking system to access your accounts anywhere in North America. Talk to us and select one of the various menu options.
- Branch and ATM locations and hours
- Change telephone banking password
- Listen to up to date account balances and your transaction history
- Hear a listing of all your cleared cheques
- Transfer funds between accounts
- Make bill payments
- Get information on how to report a connectFirst card lost or stolen
Access online banking from the blue button at the top right of our website. You can also visit our onboarding guides for step by step information on logging on for the first time and setting up your digital account.
Yes. You will be prompted to set this up, if you choose, when you log in for the first time. Or you can change your log in settings under Settings > Biometric Authentication.
Once your username has been selected, you are unable to change it. Alternatively, you can use your 19-digit PAN (number on your debit card) in the username field if preferred.
At this time, access to mobile app is not available on a tablet or iPad but we are working on a solution. In the meantime, to access online banking you can use your mobile browser (e.g. Safari) to visit https://banking.connectfirstcu.com.
After three attempts with the incorrect fingerprint, the mobile application will display a locked-out message.
To get it unlocked, please call the phone number that appears in the error message.
You can also select the Forgotten Password link to reset your login and follow this process.
If your recipient hasn’t deposited the money into their account, you can cancel your Interac e-Transfer.
Once the deposit has been made, there is no way to reverse the transaction. You'll have to make arrangements directly with the recipient.
To reverse a payment, you will need to contact your local branch.
If you want to cancel a scheduled bill payment in your digital banking that has not yet been processed:
- Under the Payments menu, click on View scheduled payments.
- Under the list of scheduled payments, select the payment you wish to delete.
- Click the Delete icon.
- A confirmation will pop up that the bill was successfully deleted. The bill should no longer appear under your list of scheduled payments.
If you want to easily switch back and forth between your personal and business accounts under a single login, you will need to complete the onboarding process for each membership separately.
From your business profile, you can then add your personal or other business accounts and access them from a single login.
As a signer on the account, you can set up a delegate’s username, as well as assign Read-only or Initiator access. This transaction requires you to enter an authentication code before it can be completed.
A temporary password will be generated and sent to the delegate by email or cell phone. You will need to notify the delegate of the username you have set up.
Account Integration with Quickbooks*:
- Login to Quickbooks
- Navigate to Link Account Page
- Search and Select Connect First Credit Union
- Enter connectFirst Credit Union online banking Username and Password
- Select Continue
- You can customize accounts and transactions to be linked
Note – Members that use the profile consolidate feature will have the option to select any or all of the consolidated accounts
Account Connection with Quicken:
You can download your transactions into the format needed for Quicken by scrolling to the bottom of your account and selecting the 'Export' button. These documents can then be uploaded into Quicken.
We are working on full integration with this platform and will be posting again when that functionality is available.
*The products and services are those of Intuit. Access to and use of any such products or services are governed solely by Intuit’s terms and conditions. Connect First Credit Union is not responsible for, and provides no representations, warranties or conditions regarding any Intuit products or services or any tax advice provided by Intuit. The sharing of your bank account details with Intuit is at your own risk. Please review Intuit’s Privacy and Security Policies prior to sharing bank account details. Also refer to our Direct Services for more information on third party services.