FAQs Your productsOnline Banking
Talk to us.
We know that this was a big transtion for you.
If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback we’re here for you. Feel free to connect with us by email or calling 1-866-923-4778.Email us Call usUpdate your contact info
Mobile banking was suspended so that we could update and merge systems.
We have our trusted team on stand-by if you need any support. If you run into any challenges, you can still visit any of our branches or call our Member Connection Centre.
Product names have changed but, features and functionality are very similar to SPARK products. Not to worry! All SPARK members are still entitled to a free chequing account.
We'll be reaching out to you with more exciting product news in the coming weeks, and of course, we will work with you to determine best product fit for you.
We can provide a new direct deposit form or order new cheques for you if you need to add any new vendors.
There have been no changes to your accounts or balances. As we're now aware of the issue, we're working to prevent these statements from going to any other members where possible and we apologize for the confusion.
You may notice a new item added to your credit report under connectFirst Credit Union, or receive an alert from credit tracking apps that you subscribe to, notifying you that a new account has been added. This is the result of your existing credit products being transferred from SPARK to connectFirst. This is not a new credit product and the transfer process will have no material impact on your credit score.
The branch teams and Member Connection Centre are here to help you set up recurring principal payments and you'll be able to make principal only payments online.
Yes, your insurance will be provided by CUMIS.
CUMIS is the current insurance provider for connectFirst Credit Union, so this change is being made to align SPARK with connectFirst's trusted providers.
You'll receive a letter by January 15 from CUMIS which will outline your premiums, provide an explanation of rates and highlight any adjustments to your current coverage.
For Registered products, you'll receive statements semi-annually, at the end of June and end of December.
Common Share statements are produced annually on November 30.
Service charges will run through your account on the statement dates, unless processed in real time (e.g. stop payment fees, wire fees, chargebacks etc.)
- New connectFirst debit card
- Valid email address
- Cell phone number
- Date of birth
For mobile devices, you can download the connectFirst App in advance. The App is available on both the Apple App Store and Google Play Store. If you use an iPad you can still access online banking through our desktop browser at banking.connectfirstcu.com, however, you will be unable to access your digital banking through the App.
Your previous SPARK app will no longer work and can be deleted from your devices.
The information is not lost - you can view previous transactions in your e-statements moving forward. If these aren’t available on day one, they will be shortly.
If you require historical transaction data in advance of e-statements being available, please reach out to your local branch or call us at 1 (866) 923-4778.
To increase security for our members, we require a code for every recipient and payee that is set up. This additional step helps to protect you and your funds should your password or login become compromised.
You’ll also want to set up your Interac Auto Deposit as well. Need help getting started? Follow the steps in the Digital Banking brochure.
If you haven’t received any communications you can download past letters we've mailed up above in the downloadable resources section. Please also connect with us to ensure we have your up-to-date mailing address on file.
- Interest bearing chequing/savings accounts will have accrued interest paid to them before end of day on Friday, January 21.
- No service charges will be taken on January 21, member accounts will fall into the service charge cycles of the connectFirst product line up moving forward.
- Personal accounts – January 7 and January 21
- Business accounts– December 31 and January 21
- All other statement cycle types will have a forced January 21 statement to ensure member receive final balances on all product types (i.e. registered plans, loans, etc.)
- Personal accounts – February 17
- Business accounts – January 31
- Registered plan (i.e. RRSP, RRIF, etc.) statements will be produced semi-annually going forward June and December
- You should have received a CUMIS insurance notification letter over the weekend giving you information around your new provider.
- Interac e-Transfer send services became unavailable on January 17. The ability to receive e-Transfers will close on January 19. If someone sends you an e-Transfer between Jan 19-24, please kindly ask them to resend after the 24th when you are able to deposit using your new connectFirst digital bank account.